Optical Mechanical Engineer - Life Sciences
Phoseon currently has an opening for an Optical-Mechanical Engineer. In this role, you will be a key member of our Product Design staff. You must be a self-motivated team player, an effective communicator, and able to resolve complex design issues. The team’s attitude is built around quick time to market via rapid prototyping and astonishing our customers.
- Define, prototype, design, document, build, and test opto-mechanical systems for the life sciences using UV LEDs
- Define requirements, Perform trade studies, prepare cost estimates, manage bills of materials
- Perform verification testing for new product introductions
- Interact with suppliers to source mechanical parts
- Product support (R&D to manufacturing)
- Define design requirements and specifications in accordance with manufacturing and customer expectations and requirements
- Collaborates with peer engineering teams, customers, vendors, application specialist, and manufacturing to complete product designs across all phases of the engineering development cycle
Education and experience required
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years in mechanical design and product engineering
- 5+ years using solid modeling tools (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience with precision opto-mechanics systems preferred
- Experience with thermal simulation, tolerance budgets, kinematic mounting techniques preferred
- Experience with electronics packaging helpful
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for mechanical engineering projects
- Experience in R&D and manufacturing environments preferred
- Ability to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures (i.e. assembly instruction, inspection procedures and capital project proposals)
- Desire to work with electrical, firmware, and optical engineers, scientific staff, exhibiting excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Salary & Benefits
Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Phoseon Technology is the world leader in delivering high power, UV LED technology. Phoseon pioneered the Semiconductor Light Matrix SLM™ Technology (Semiconductor Light Matrix) and is extending that capability to the Life Science and Medical Device marketplace. Our new division is rapidly growing as we enable a multi-billion dollar market opportunity using patented and proprietary technology.