Business Development Manager - Life Sciences
Phoseon Technology is seeking an experienced and energetic Business Development Manager to be a key customer interface for Life Sciences.
The successful candidate will have experience in B2B Sales and Marketing activities in a Life Sciences or Medical technology business. This role will be a blend of key account management and strategic business development, so the candidate must be able to demonstrate achievements in both areas of endeavor.
The Business Development Manager will actively cultivate new accounts and propose new markets for Phoseon’s growing product line in Life Sciences and Medical Device technology.
This is currently not a Sales/commission position.
- Develop and expand relationships with key customer decision makers, influencers, and other stakeholders, involving both technical and commercial portions of the business.
- Develop understanding of the individual needs, preferences, and motivations of each customer contact and build that understanding into the company’s product and commercial offerings.
- Execute communications strategy to reinforce Phoseon’s technology leadership position in solid state solutions for Life Sciences applications.
- Work with engineering team to translate customer’s application needs into product requirements.
- Provide support in identifying and qualifying target customers and applications, and reviewing sales plans for targets to provide required technical and commercial support.
- Develop and implement tracking to actively manage the opportunity funnel with targeted accounts.
- Provide product line revenue forecasts based on project activities.
- Generate periodic performance reporting of all key metrics for the Life Sciences product portfolio. This will include, but not be limited to such things as revenue, project quotations, customer engagements, and new customer acquisitions.
Experience, Education, and Qualifications:
- A combination of 5 years sales, product marketing, product management, or business development in Life Sciences or Medical Device markets
- Forecasting and market research analysis skills
- Understanding of electronic and optical systems
- Existing network of relationships within Life Sciences and Medical Device companies
- Degree in Science or Engineering plus sales & marketing experience or a Degree in Business with life sciences and/or medical device experience
- Verbal and written proficiency in the English language is required, German or French language proficiency preferred
Personal Attribute and Aptitudes: Knowledge and understanding of the life sciences and/or medical device industry, entrepreneurial, focused, organized and equally comfortable working directly with customers and planning business & technical initiatives
Phoseon Technology is the world leader in delivering high power, UV LED technology. Phoseon pioneered the Semiconductor Light Matrix (SLM). With SLM technology, OEMs can manufacture the environmentally cleanest, coolest operating, and most efficient UV curing systems commercially available.
Phoseon Technology brings its leadership in ultraviolet LED lamp systems to life sciences and medical device applications. No one gets more out of UV LEDs than Phoseon, who has applied that expertise to LED light engines across a wide range of wavelengths. Phoseon is the premier partner to solve new challenges in life sciences instruments, healthcare, and advanced imaging.
Salary & Benefits: Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Location: Though this position is listed as located in Cologne, Germany, qualified candidates may reside in Germany, France or the UK.
Travel Requirement: 40-60%