Business Development Manager - Microscopy
Phoseon Technology, a leader in LED and laser products for Industry and Life Science is seeking an experienced and upbeat Business Development Manager (BDM) who will identify and develop customers for LED-based Life Sciences technology. Specifically, a successful candidate must have recent, direct B2B sales experience to scientific instrument and/or medical device manufacturers. The BDM will organically grow and build relationships with a new customer base.
- Develop sales revenue streams from Phoseon’s KeyLight line of LED fluorescence illuminators in the OEM instrument and end-user microscopy markets in North America.
- Increase revenue and market share in target applications.
- Find and close new business accounts for KeyLight and related Phoseon products.
- Work closely with channel partners and distributors to find and evaluate applications and leads.
- Reinforce a design-win relationship with existing customers and new prospects.
- Build and report an annual sales plan to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales revenue targets.
- Cultivate positive relationships to anticipate and understand individual needs, preferences, and motivations of each customer contact and build that understanding into Phoseon’ s product and commercial offerings.
- Implement communications strategy to reinforce Phoseon’s technology leadership position in LED solutions for Life Sciences applications.
- Work with engineering team to translate customer’s application needs into product requirements.
- Travel as the need arises to engage and meet customer’s needs. Approx. 50-75%.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a life science field
- At least 5-10 years sales or business development experience in Life Sciences or Medical Device markets
- Understanding of analytical chemistry systems, medical devices, and life sciences industry. Background in chromatography systems preferred
- Existing network of relationships within Life Sciences and Medical Device industry
Personal Attributes and Aptitudes:
- Individual contributor / hunter mentality
Other Desired Experience/Traits:
- Experience with startups
- Track record of successful introduction of hardware products in new markets or new categories
- Sells capital equipment or electronic subsystems
- History of engaging at multiple levels with various partners at potential customers
- Sells capabilities & value
- Sells technology
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental,Vision and Life Insurance, 401(k) match, and generous PTO plan.
Phoseon is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.