Software Development Lead
Phoseon Technology, a leader in LED and laser products for Industry and Life Science is seeking a hardworking and motivated Software Development Lead to develop software for system control and user interface . The candidate will own and drive the project forward, working with internal and external resources to further UX/UI development. This person will be involved in making architectural decisions and lead our R&D effort to champion product development.
The person we are seeking will understand the organizational and product goals, define project work and scope, maintain a product roadmap, and collaborate with product managers to define the user experience. Strong delegation skills - dividing tasks among a team and managing execution are key.
Phoseon is looking for a strong contributor with experience and expert knowledge of front-end languages, excellent visualization skills, and outstanding project management skills. The candidate should possess the ability to work independently and as part of a fast-paced, yet cohesive team. This role will be developing highly sophisticated applications with a team goal of crafting groundbreaking system control software that focuses on creating a positive overall user experience. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to increase user efficiency and make an impact while contributing to a multi-functional team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the product and engineering teams to discuss application features and design ideas.
- Managing internal and external resources to drive product development.
- Researching similar application designs and user interface modules.
- Crafting application design mockups with improved UI features.
- Presenting updated front-end designs for final sign-off.
- Writing the front-end code and building the user interface.
- Debugging code errors and fixing software issues.
- Conducting live application tests and tweaks.
- Updating applications in line with user trends and feedback.
- Developing state of the art UI for end user.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field, or 5+ years of meaningful, relevant experience.
- Experience as a software development leader.
- Demonstrated ability (5+ years) with object-oriented programming.
- Strong understanding and experience implementing wireframe prototypes.
- In-depth knowledge of user experience, user interface models, and application design.
- Sophisticated problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of graphic design software including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401(k) match, and generous PTO plan.
Phoseon is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.