Director of Software Development, Life Sciences Division
Phoseon Technology, a leader in LED and laser technology for Industrial and Life Sciences products, is seeking a Director of Software Development for our Life Sciences Division. The primary responsibilities will be to develop system control and user interface software. The candidate will own and drive projects forward, working with internal and external resources for UX/UI development. This person will be involved in making architectural decisions and lead our R&D effort to champion product development.
The person we are seeking will understand organizational and product goals, define project work and scope, maintain a product roadmap, and collaborate with product managers to define the user experience. Strong delegation skills, dividing tasks among a team and managing execution are key.
Phoseon is looking for a strong contributor with experience and expert knowledge of front-end languages, excellent visualization skills, and outstanding project management skills. The candidate must be able to develop a fast-paced, cohesive team of internal and external developers to deliver groundbreaking system control software that prioritizes an intuitive user experience. Our candidate must be able to lead a multi-functional team and interface with executives at the highest level of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet with the product and engineering teams to discuss application features and design ideas
- Manage internal and external resources to drive product development
- Research similar application designs and user interface modules
- Craft application design mockups with improved UI features
- Design the front-end code and build the user interface
- Debug code errors and fix software issues
- Conduct live application tests and tweaks
- Update applications in line with user trends and feedback
- Developing state of the art UI for end user
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years experience as a software development manager
- Demonstrated ability (5+ years) with object-oriented programming
- Strong understanding and experience implementing wireframe prototypes
- In-depth knowledge of user experience, user interface models, and application design
- Knowledge of graphic design software including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401(k) match, and generous PTO plan.
Phoseon is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.