Business Development Manager - Life Sciences
Phoseon Technology is seeking an experienced and energetic Business Development Manager (BDM) who will identify and develop customers for LED-based Life Sciences technology. Specifically, candidates must have recent, direct B2B sales experience to scientific instrument and/or medical device manufacturers and/or high-tech medical instrumentation to hospitals. The BDM will organically grow and build relationships with a new customer base.
- Develop and expand relationships with key customer decision makers, influencers, and other stakeholders, involving both technical and commercial portions of the business. The typical Phoseon Technology Life Sciences customer will be a medium-to-large life sciences instrument manufacturer or medical device maker, designing high-technology devices. These customers usually design and build specialized instruments with high- to medium-mix, moderate volume, high margin, and differentiated products. Phoseon’s offerings are key components, high-level subsystems or stand-alone instruments within said customers’ instrument system or product line.
- Develop understanding of the individual needs, preferences, and motivations of each customer contact and build that understanding into the Phoseon’s product and commercial offerings.
- Execute communications strategy to reinforce Phoseon’s technology leadership position in LED solutions for Life Sciences applications.
- Work with engineering team to translate customer’s application needs into product requirements.
- Identify and qualify target customers and applications, and develop sales plans for targets to provide required technical and commercial support.
- Develop and implement tracking mechanisms for the management of the opportunity funnel with targeted accounts.
- Provide product line revenue forecasts based on project activities.
- Generate periodic performance reporting of all key metrics for the Life Sciences product portfolio. This will include, but not be limited to such things as revenue, project quotations, customer engagements, and new customer acquisitions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A combination of at least 5 years sales or business development in Life Sciences or Medical Device markets.
- Understanding of electronic and optical systems
- Existing network of relationships within Life Sciences and Medical Device companies
- Exceptional candidates with a degree in science or engineering plus sales & marketing experience, OR a degree in business with Life Sciences or Medical Device experience
Personal Attributes and Aptitudes:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Life Sciences and/or Medical Device industry
What we would like to see in the ideal candidate:
- Experience with startups
- Successful introduction of hardware products in new markets or new categories
- History of engaging at multiple levels with multiple stakeholders at potential customers
- Sells capabilities & value
- Sells technology
- Individual contributor / hunter mind-set
- Sells capital equipment or electronic subsystems
Location: the ideal candidate will be located near Life Sciences companies, probably in San Francisco, LA, San Diego, or Boston MA.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Full benefits package including PTO, 401(k) match, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.